I’m going to let you in on a little secret. If someone asked me what my #1 self care tip is…it’s water. I know that you want to roll your eyes at this post right now. Maybe you’re even wondering if you still need my services but trust me that WATER is the answer to many issues that you are having. Here me out.
I have gone to the hospital twice for dehydration. TWICE. I forgot to drink water and after a week, I was like OMG all I have had is 2 cups of coffee each day. I couldn’t think straight, I was weak and I overall felt like I was dying.
NOW. Water has become a ritual. I have a water bottle that I use and I’m constantly drinking out of it. I made a conscious effort to create a habit and it’s stuck. I feel? GREAT. My skin has never looked better. I’m sick less and can concentrate more. If you don’t believe me, check this infographic out on why it’s important to stay hydrated.
Here are some tips to drink more water each day:
- Add flavor to the water – my recommendation is doTERRA lemon essential oil.
- Use an app to track your intake.
- Buy a water bottle and keep it with you at all times as a reminder. There are even ones that are “fancy” bluetooth enabled OR a bottle that will track your intake on the side of it.
- Fill up an old water jug and drink the entire thing each day.
- Read this article from webMD.
The article in tip #5 is what made me drink more. More water = less stress. Is the stress going to “poof” go away? NO. But you will feel better and give your body less internal stress to deal with by hydrating it. It’s a no brainer folks. Get on the water train today!