This week on the Everyday Life Coach the topic is on deep breathing. AHHHHHH.
Let me first tell you all the benefits there are with adding deep breathing to your everyday life.
- Deep breathing calms the sympathetic nervous system which is activated in times of stress and anxiety.
- Lifts mood
- Raises levels of endorphins and lowers stress hormones
- Boosts energy and stamina
- Increases oxygen in your blood
- Strengthens the immune system
- Promotes better sleep
- Reduction in blood pressure
- Breathing normalizes the heart rate
Now, the next thing you should be saying is, where do I sign up? Here are some great apps that I use to help me with my daily deep breathing.
Here and Now
Stop, Breathe and Think
If you do deep breathing for 20 to 30 minutes each day, it will reduce anxiety and reduce stress. Deep breathing increases the supply of oxygen to your brain and stimulates the parasympathetic nervous system, which promotes a state of calmness. Breathing techniques help you feel connected to your body—it brings your awareness away from the worries in your head and quiets your mind.